Friday 10 October 2008

Wagons Ho for the Astley Ainslie !!!!!!!!!

Some days are certainly whoopeeeee days and this was one of them!!
Douglas continues to improve, albeit in many small ways.
However the most important improvement for quite a while came to-day when we heard Doug is due to move to Astley Ainslie next Thursday (16th Oct) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doug, in his usual pragmatic fashion, said 'yeah well I'll believe it when it happens!" - but never the less we have seen the transfer list and his transport has been booked, as has his bed at the other end!
Looks like the destination is the East Pavilion!
We are not certain of visiting hours or anything else right now, but I'll post immediately I have firm info to go on.
He was in a bit of a funny (strange) mood earlier to-day which I'm sure was due to the feeling that he'd been down this route before and nothing had come of it. However I'm sure he was secretly grinning to himself (although he'd never admit it!!). Certainly he was in fine fettle in the evening when he had a string of visitors (Annette, Kay, Veronica, Neil (Hay) and Lorna). Belly laughs abounded as did OohAah moments when things like fish'n'chips; coffeee; G&Ts; Stella; curry & chips were mentioned in the conversation!!

I feel for him .......... after all he's tasted nothing by mouth since April (PEG feeding conveys no great pleasure to the taste buds at all!! In fact I'm told by those who know that, if eaten, it tastes not unlike wall paper paste!!! Ugh..)

So ........ if you have a hot line to anyone of importance - get it working please. We don't want another let down.

A very happy pappy (and a yummy mummy as well!!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippyyy Dougie

What wonderful news…you are all well overdue a Whoopeeeee day and this much needed and well deserved change of scenery. I wonder though-does the staff at Astley Ainslie have any idea what they are in for?

Keep the Whoopeeeee days coming!
Heather

Anonymous said...

Ya Dancer!!

well done mate, keep that chin up

i will have to start busking to get that crate of budvar ready!


Derm

maria said...

Oh, I am so pleased!! About bloody time springs to mind, but as an ex employee of the NHS I don't want to be too critical of the grindng beauracracy!

I hope you go from strength to strength Doug - I will be thinking of you as I travel through New Zealand which is where I am now.

Lots of love

Mhairi
xxxxxxx